ReferencesPrint this page
- University of Florida Center for Smell and Taste, ‘Taste vs. flavour: What’s the Difference?’. Available at: http://cst.ufl.edu/taste-vs-flavor-whats-the-difference.html
- Tim Jacob, Cardiff University, ‘A tutorial on the sense of smell’. Available at: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/biosi/staffinfo/jacob/teaching/sensory/olfact1.html
- Kole A., Snel, J. & Lorist, M. M. ‘Caffeine, morning-evening type and coffee odour: Attention, memory search and visual event related potentials’, in J. Snel & M. M. Lorist (Eds.), Nicotine, caffeine and social drinking: Behaviour and brain function. Amsterdam, Harwood Academic, 1998, pp. 201-214.
- Munro L.J. et al. (2003) The elusiveness of coffee aroma: new insights from a non-empirical approach. J Agric Food Chem, 7;51(10):3092-6.
- Belitz H.-D. Grosch W. Schieberle P. (Eds.) ‘Aroma Substances’ in Food Chemistry 4thRevised and extended Edition, Springer, Berlin 2009, pp. 955-956.
- Ochiai N. et al. (2014) Multi-volatile method for aroma analysis using sequential dynamic headspace sampling with an application to brewed coffee. J Chromatogr,1371:65-73.
- Clarke R. J. ‘The Flavour of Coffee’, in A.J. Macleod (Ed.), Food Flavors: Part B: The Flavors of Beverages. Amsterdam, Elsevier, 1986, pp. 1-47.
- Illy A. and Rinantonio V. Espresso Coffee: The Chemistry of Quality, Amsterdam, Elsevier, 2004.
- Fisk I.D. et al. (2012) Discrimination of roast and ground coffee aroma, Flavour. 1:14, doi:10.1186/2044-7248-1-14.
- Vitzthum O.G. ‘Thirty Years of Coffee Chemistry Research’, in Teranishi R. et al. (Eds.) Flavour Chemistry: Thirty Years of Progress, New York, Kluwer Academic, 1999, pp. 117-133.
- Persaud K.C. et al. ‘Objective odour measurements’ in Jain A et al. (Eds.) Biometrics: Personal Identification in Networked Society, Springer, 1996, 251-272.
- Garcia A.O. et al. (2012) Evaluation of Coffee Sensory Quality Submitted to Different Degrees of Roasting: Medium and Dark. ASIC Proceedings of 22ndInternational Coffee Conference on Coffee Science – Coffee and Aroma Chemistry. Available at: http://www.asic-cafe.org/proceedings/3591/toc/25/conf
- Genovese A. et al. (2014) Effect of human saliva and sip volume of coffee brews on the release of key volatile compounds by a retronasal aroma simulator.Food Res Int. 61:100–111.
- Knöferle, K. M. (2012) Using customer insights to improve product sound design. Marketing Review St. Gallen, 29(2),47-53.
- Auvray M. and Spence C. (2008) The multisensory perception of flavor. Consciousness and Cognition, 17:1016–1031.
- Bücking M. Steinhart H. (2002) Headspace GC and sensory analysis characterization of the influence of different milk additives on the flavor release of coffee beverages. J Agric Food Chem,13;50(6):1529-34.
- Steinhart H. et al. (2012) Flavour Perception of White Coffee Beverages- Influence of milk processing. ASIC Proceedings of 22ndInternational Coffee Conference on Coffee Science – Coffee and Aroma Chemistry. Available at: http://www.asic-cafe.org/proceedings/3591/toc/25/conf
- Van Doorn, G. et al. (2015) Latté art influences both the expected and rated value of milk-based coffee drinks. Journal of Sensory Studies, 30(4):305–315.
- Van Doorn G.H., Wuillemin D. and Spence C. (2014) Does the colour of the mug influence the taste of the coffee? Flavour, 3:10, DOI:1186/2044-7248-3-10.
- Delwiche J. (2004) The impact of perceptual interactions on perceived flavor. Food Quality and Preference,15:137–146.
- Herz & Cupchik (1992) An experimental characterization of odor-evoked memories in humans. Chemical Senses, 17(5):519-528.
This information is intended for Healthcare professional audiences.
Please consider the environment before printing.