Coffee & Health unveils its latest topic: Coffee & Your HealthPrint this page
The Institute for Scientific Information on Coffee (ISIC) has extended the scientific information available on its Coffee & Health website, with Coffee & Your Health the latest topic to be introduced. The new topic has been developed for use by health care and other professionals to serve as an overview of the latest scientific evidence on the relationship between coffee drinking and various aspects of health.
Coffee is enjoyed by millions of people around the world and is one of the most extensively researched components in the diet, with new research added regularly to the already large body of scientific research. Taken overall, the research indicates that moderate coffee consumption (typically 3-5 cups per day) can be included as part of a healthy, balanced diet and active lifestyle.
The new Coffee & Your Health topic looks at areas such as:
- Coffee and the mind – overview of the possible impact of coffee on mental performance, sleep patterns, dependence and neurodegenerative disorders
- Coffee and body performance – overview of way coffee may effect sports performance and fluid balance
- Coffee and non-communicable diseases – overview of coffee’s possible impact on Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular health and cancer
- Coffee and the digestive system – overview of coffee and possible effects on gastrointestinal function, gallstones and the liver
- Coffee and development – overview of the possible effects of coffee on pregnancy
The Coffee & Health website is a science-based resource developed for health care and other professional audiences and provides the latest information and research into coffee, caffeine and health.
For more information on coffee and your health, click here.
This information is intended for Healthcare professional audiences.
Please consider the environment before printing.