The Institute for Scientific information on Coffee (ISIC) is a non-for-profit organization founded in 1990, devoted to the study and disclosure of science related to coffee and health. ISIC’s activities are focused on:-
- the study of scientific matters related to coffee and health
- the collection and evaluation of studies and scientific information about coffee and health
- the support of independent scientific research on coffee and health
- active dissemination of balanced coffee and health scientific evidence and knowledge to a broad range of stakeholders.
ISIC respects scientific research ethics in all its activities. ISIC’s communications are based on sound science and rely on evidence and scientific studies derived from peer-reviewed scientific journals and other publications.
In supporting independent scientific research, ISIC adheres to the following principles:
- ISIC supports and encourages researchers to publish all obtained results, regardless of the outcome
- ISIC encourages academic freedom and therefore shall not control the content of publications
- ISIC sponsors research only when appropriate independent bodies have approved the respective protocols prior to the beginning of the study (such as Ethical Clearance Committee)
- All ISIC-sponsored publications must clearly identify ISIC as sponsor